KWO Photo Contest Winners!
|1st Place Winner - Dennis Schwartz, Topeka, KS|
|2nd Place Winner - Melislsa Zweygardt, St. Francis, KS||3rd Place Winner - Patty Turnquist, Lindsborg, KS|
Thank you to everyone who submitted photos! We had a great selection to choose from.
Abstracts on water research are invited. Thematic areas include, but are not limited to: reservoirs; municipal and industrial water issues; streambank stabilization, WRAPs and watersheds; High Plains and other aquifer characterization and modeling; High Plains management: irrigation water conservation (technology, crops and management); droughts, floods and climate change; emerging issues (water transfers, water reuse, water and energy); and other water-related topics.
A 4' x 4' foam core table tent and space for handouts are provided for each accepted poster. Student posters, in "near final form", are to be submitted as a PDF, TIF or other image by 4:00 p.m. November 8, 2016 to an email provided to those accepted. This allows judges to preview all student posters prior to the conference. Posters must be on display by 8:00 a.m. November 15, 2016, with students at their poster ready to explain their work.
• Concurrent Sessions featuring research presentations
• Governor's Student Poster Award
• Deadline for professional/academic abstracts (poster & oral): October 3, 2016
• Deadline for Student Poster Abstracts: October 24, 2016
Please have the following infomraiton available before you begin the submission process:
• Contact information for primary presenter
• Co-presenter information (names and organizations/institutions)
• Biographical sketch for each presented (oral presentation proposals only)
• Presentation Title
• Presentation abstract (Word or PDF file to be uploaded, 500-word limit)
• Topic area(s)
• Poster display requirements (poster proposals only)
Student poster proposal submission form - Deadline: October 24, 2016
Professional oral/poster presentation proposal submission form - Deadline: October 3, 2016
THANK YOU to our sponsors who help keep registration costs very affordable.